1. Even if the monk can run away, his temple cannot run with him.
2. Even if I were to be beaten to death, I will not tell.
3. Modesty helps one go forward, whereas conceit makes one lag behind.
4. If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
5. We will not attack unless we are attacked.
6. Wisdom prepares for the worst; but folly leaves the worst for the day it comes.
7. In the end things will mend.
8.To die on one's feet is better than to live on one's knees.
9.Blood is thicker than water.
10.He who laughs last laughs best.
11.Give knaves an inch and they will take a yard.
12.He that respects others shall likewise be respected.
13.All good things come to an end.